- Iambik Audiobook Formats
- Purchasing Audiobooks
- Downloading Audiobooks
- How to Listen
- How to transfter the audiobook onto an iPod, iPad, iPhone, or in iTunes
- Ask Us!
Iambik Audiobook Formats
All Iambik audiobooks are sold as online downloads. Our audiobooks are available in mp3 format.
MP3: mp3 is the common format for audio. It can be played on almost all mp3 players, including iPods. Mp3 files of our audiobooks are separated by chapter, meaning that you will have one file per chapter of the book (longer chapter might be split into 2 or more files). This makes it easier to jump from one chapter to the next.
The download will come in a .zip file, which is a compressed folder. If you need help openig the .zip, see the instructions below.
All Iambik audiobooks are sold as online downloads. Once you purchase an audiobook from our website, you will be given a link from which you can download the file onto your computer.
- Go on the page of the book you want to purchase.
- Click on the Add to Cart button on the book page.
- If you want to continue shopping, click on the Iambik logo on the top left, or the Continue Shopping link at the bottom left of the page.
- Click Continue to Checkout if you wish to pay, or, if you have a Paypal account, you may choose to Check out with Paypal
- Fill in the form.
- Click Continue to Next Step.
- Select the payment method: Credit Card, or Paypal. Fill in the required information.
- Click “Complete my purchase”.
Once the payment has been processed, you will be sent an email from Shopify informing you that the purchase has been completed. Shortly after, you will receive an email from Fetch with a download link to the audio files.
After you purchase the audiobook, the system processes the payment and emails you the downloading information. You will first receive an email from “iambik” confirming your order, then a second one from “Iambik Audio” with subject “Download for Order” with your order number.
- Open the “Download for Order ####” email.
- Click on the “http://iambik.fetchapp.com/get/” link. A new tab (or window) should open, with a list of the audiobooks you purchased, and a download link.
- Right-click on the download link.
- Select Save Link As (or Save Target As, or Save As or Save Linked Content As depending on your browser).
- If your browser prompts you to select the folder in which you want to save the file, select a folder, then click Save.
- Wait until the download is complete. Your file is saved on your computer.
How to Listen
Iambik audiobooks are offered in mp3 format, delivered in compressed (zipped) folders, which you will have to unzip.
- When using Windows:
- Right-click on the zipped file.
- Select Extract All (or Extract Here, depending on the program you have).
- Your files will show up in the folder where the zipped file was.
- When using a Mac:
- Double-click on the zipped folder. Your computer should automatically unzip it.
Once your files are unzipped, you will be able to play them using a media player. There should be one file per chapter for mp3s.
- Double click on the file you want to play. Your computer will play it automatically with your default browser.
How to transfter the audiobook onto an iPod, iPad, iPhone, or in iTunes
If you have downloaded an Iambik audiobook, and would like to put it in iTunes, you can use the drag-and-drop technique.
- Open iTunes
- Open the folder in which your files are located
- Click on the file you want to move, and drag it into the iTunes window.
- Mp3s will be added to the Music tab in iTunes.
Your iPod should automatically synchronize with your iTunes. If not, see the section below.
iPad or iPhone
In order to transfer your audiobook into your Apple device, you first need to have it in iTunes (see above).
- Open iTunes.
- Plug in your iPad or iPhone.
- In the sidebar, under Devices, click on the iPad or iPhone tab.
- In the main window, click the Summary tab.
- Check Manually manage music and videos.
- Click Apply.
- In the left sidebar, click on Music.
- Drag-and-drop the files you want to the iPad or iPhone tab.
If you have other questions, feel free to email us!